How to apply via the UWC Ireland National Committee
The UWC Ireland National Committee selection process for 2021/2022 is now closed.
Please do review our eligibility criteria before applying and note, this application is for a fully or partially funded scholarship into a 2 year program to a United World College to study the International Baccalaureate.
For 2021 entry we have 4 scholarships available, 2 up to fully funded and 2 partially funded. Please find the details of the school fees below - to be confirmed by the schools at the time of offer, all offers are needs assessed:
|College||Type of Financial Support||Currency||Total per year||Minimum contribution by selected applicant p/a||Maximum contribution by the School per year|
|UWC Atlantic||Partially funded (needs based)||GBP||33,500||16,750||16,750|
|UWC East Africa||Up to Fully Funded (Needs-Based)||USD||29,000||0||29,000|
|Li Po Chun UWC||Partially funded (needs based)||HKD||350,000||175,000||175,000|
|UWC SEA||Up to Fully Funded (Needs-Based)||SGD||77,300||0||77,300|
You can also find out more about the schools at the links below.
UWC Ireland uses an online application system, please see the instructions on how to apply via Survey Monkey Apply below:
- Go to https://apply.uwc.org/prog/uwc_ireland_national_committee
- In the top right hand corner you will see a button to register a new account. Please do proceed to do that in your name (applicant).
- Confirm setting up the account by clicking the link in your email inbox.
- Complete basic information, such as date of birth and nationality, once you've finished then save.
- Once you have entered your details, you will see the UWC application processes you are eligible for - you should see a box that says "UWC Ireland Applications - 2021/2022". Please proceed to start your application here - you may need to reload the page at some point.
- As part of the application we have a number of essays for you to write and you will also need to get your school reports and recommendations together, so do make sure to leave enough time to complete your application.
- Complete and submit the form
Do note, you will need to manually mark each task as complete as you go. The tasks do not need to be completed in order, and you may need to go back to one to mark it as complete later on - for example once your parent / guardian has completed their information.
Do note, there are multiple sections, including 2 essays, and it is likely to take a few hours to complete.
Applications closed on Monday, 1st February 2021.
If you have any difficulty accessing the form for whatever reason, please email us and we will help you out. We are also very happy to answer questions about the form, or selection in general.
For further information on alternative ways to apply to UWC to study the IB, please visit this page.